Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I've heard it said that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. What stinks about this, is that we aren't always in control of this. In fact, we rarely get to choose when someone exits our life. Relationships come and go. As a 35 yr old who has never been married, you'd think I'd be used to this concept by now. Unfortunately, breakups don't ever get easier.

Sometimes someone will exit from your life and you don't understand why. All you can do is thank God for the time you had and the lessons learned. What I could see lasting a lifetime was over in a brief season. I have come to accept it but the wounds still sting a little. I'm learning to lean on God and the shoulders of friends and family. I learned how blessed I truly am.

Sometimes you have to lose something to realize how much you still have.

No comments:

Post a Comment