Saturday, March 5, 2011

The curve balls don't stop as we age....

I've been reflecting on the past 6 months a lot lately. Just six months ago, I was still at my old job, preparing for my move to a new adventure. I was in love with a wonderful man, and anxiously awaiting my upcoming birthday. I was also looking forward to a belated celebration with friends shortly after my birthday. (Most people who have known me more than 2 weeks know how much I loooove my birthday;-) )

BOOM! Flash forward two weeks. My heart was totally crushed, I was anxious, yet excited about the new job, and I was clinging to my friends for support.

Life is so full of surprises. At the time that the breakup occurred, I felt like the world stopped spinning for a moment. The pain was intense and the memories were both a comfort and a curse. I couldn't believe it was happening. Not again....

Flash forward 6 months. Here I am...still alive....strong...and moving forward. I've had a lot of time to think about what happened and the events that followed. God has a way of showing us things in the seemingly strangest of ways. I'd grown close to God again, and was devouring as much knowledge of the word as possible. At the time, I was also working on "Me" so that I could be a better girlfriend/wife/etc.

God sent me a man who was everything I thought I wanted. Finally I felt like I had the complete package. A man who loved the Lord and loved me for me. We had even talked about the possibility of marriage and children. The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. When he was gone, I had only God to look to.

I honestly believe that God put me through that experience so that I could take inventory of everything I DO still have. What do I have that is temporary, what do I have that is eternal? Guess what?! I have a LOT. An amazing group of friends who embraced me with love and compassion. Friends who would not allow me to crawl into a dark hole and hide. The kind of friends who made it their mission to lift me UP. Family who is amazing and supportive. I've been so blessed with the greatest friends and family. Sometimes it takes something important being stripped from you to see how blessed you truly are.

Over the past 6 months, it has been so amazing to see how God is working in my life and the lives of my family and friends. I have an amazing new job that brings me all kinds of adventures. My friends and family are a constant source of strength.

Change is inevitable. To stay in the same place causes our lives to become stagnant. Yes, life throws us curve balls, but there truly is a silver lining to every dark cloud...

I can't wait to see what the next six months brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment